Insurance Claims After an Accident
When an insurance company does not reimburse a claim that a claimant should rightfully receive for medical and property expenses, victims should seek legal help. By law, insurance companies owe a duty to act in good faith with all claimants, regardless of state. In other words, companies cannot look for ways to avoid investigating claims, or paying, when applicable, as they are under obligation to do so.
If you or someone you care about recently fell victim to a rejected insurance claim you believe to be valid, you may be able to pursue the insurance company for damages. In addition to recovering the claim, you may be able to recover additional damages for pain and suffering and legal expenses. Do not wait; timing is important when dealing with insurance claims. At Haney.Moorman.Paschal, P.C., we have the experience to fight for your rights in your personal injury and insurance claim case. Contact our firm today to learn more.
Why Hire Us
Jack Haney served as an attorney in the Huntsville, Texas community for over 40 years before retiring. His working legacy continues through three attorneys at the firm with three decades of combined courtroom experience in personal injury and family law. We have the compassion to serve you one-on-one, and the fierce approach you need in the courtroom. Why work with us?
- As a full-service law firm, we handle everything locally and in one place. That includes trial representation, carrying out investigations, and creating necessary legal documents.
- We are a well-established firm in the community, after over 40 years of legal service. We have a reliable network of resources at our disposal.
- We specialize in personal injury and insurance-related cases.
Reasons for a Bad Faith Case
Several actions, or inactions, on the part of the insurance company may warrant filing a bad faith case.
- Denying a claim without warrant
- Denying a claim without conducting a reasonable investigation
- Failing to deny or pay a claim in a reasonable timeframe
- Failing to deny or confirm coverage information in a reasonable timeframe
- Failing to offer a fair settlement when liability is clear
- Failing to communicate important information to the claimant
- Failing to communicate policy limits
- Failing to provide a clear and prompt explanation of the reason for claim denial
- Failing to reply to a time-limit demand
- Offering a settlement that is substantially less than a claim’s true value
- Refusal to enter into negotiations for the settlement of a claim
Why You Need an Attorney
When contesting an insurance company, victims should seek legal counsel. That is because insurance companies have high-powered lawyers, experienced claims adjusters, and other staffers ready to fight for their own rights. The proper legal representation has the power to carry out investigations, prove lack of fault in the accident, and create a case for justice against the insurance company.
Investigations are in order in cases where the insurance company rejects the claim because they believe the victim to be at fault, or partially at fault for the accident. This scenario is particularly common in car accidents. The attorney you hire will investigate the accident to prove your innocence.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a denied insurance claim you believe to be valid, our attorneys can help. Our attorneys are ready and willing to fight for you. You may be eligible for the compensatory damages of your original claim, as well as pain and suffering damages, and damages for certain other expenses. Contact us today for a free personal injury consultation regarding your situation.