Call today (936) 295-3712


Construction Accidents

Construction accidents can happen to workers and bystanders alike. An unsafe worksite or construction zone can lead to harmful equipment accidents, falls, struck-by objects, and other dangerous situations. If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident in Huntsville, contact the lawyers at Haney Paschal & Romoser, P.C. The construction company or another party may owe you financial compensation.

Why Choose Us?

You have a few different law firms to choose from when searching for a construction accident injury attorney in Walker County, Texas. Why choose Haney Paschal & Romoser, P.C.?

  • We have more than 30 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims.
  • We are an established firm in the community, with a strong network in the industry.
  • We care about our clients’ well-being and work hard to achieve maximum results.

It is important to find an attorney whom you feel has your best interests at heart. Our lawyers believe in honesty, open communication, and compassion when representing victims of construction accidents.

Why You Need a Construction Accident Lawyer

Construction companies are responsible for most construction site accidents. Going up against a major construction company and its insurance provider, however, is no small feat. While you deal with personal injuries or the loss of a loved one, let an attorney take care of legal matters on your behalf. A lawyer can negotiate a fair insurance settlement amount or take your case to trial while you focus on healing. If you are not sure who is responsible for your injuries, a lawyer can investigate your case and help you determine fault.

Common Types of Construction Accidents and Injuries

Construction workers face unique hazards during a typical day at work. They must work with heights, heavy machinery, dangerous equipment, hazardous substances, and many other personal injury risks. Four types of fatal accidents are most common for construction workers in the U.S., according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration:

  1. Falls
  2. Struck-by object
  3. Electrocution
  4. Caught-in/between

Drivers and pedestrians passing through construction zones also face potential injury risks. If the site manager has failed to maintain a safe property, bystanders could be at risk of objects falling and striking them, structural collapses, trip and falls, and vehicle accidents. Injuries from construction accidents can vary from chemical burns to paralyzing spinal cord injuries.

Determining Liability

Construction companies owe a duty of care to employees and others who pass through or near construction sites. They must ensure the reasonable safety of their properties, equipment, and workers. Failure to do so, resulting in a construction site accident, is negligence if it injures someone. A construction company may be liable for your damages if:

  • It failed to hire and train safe workers
  • It neglected construction equipment maintenance
  • It did not inspect a construction site and fix hazards
  • It failed to provide proper safety gear for workers

If the company was negligent, and this negligence contributed to your injuries, you may have a case against the company. Other liable parties could include a product manufacturer, independent contractor, property owner, or the government. Identifying the responsible party may take an investigation of your case from lawyers and/or insurance companies.

Contact Us Today

Haney Paschal & Romoser, P.C. has the resources to take care of an accident investigation from start to finish. No matter what type of construction accident caused your injuries or a loved one’s death in Walker County, we can help. We will review the facts of your case, let you know if we think your claim has merit, and handle the legal paperwork if we decide to accept you as a client. We can then negotiate better terms with an insurance company, or take your case to trial if we believe that it’s necessary for fair compensation. Speak with our attorneys about your case today. Call (936) 295-3712 or contact us online.