Bus Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
When bus accidents occur, they are often catastrophic and injure many people. The fault often falls on multiple individuals or sources, in addition to the bus driver. These accidents are scary, serious, and often require legal attention.
If you or someone you love recently suffered an injury related to a bus accident, you may be entitled to legal compensation. It’s important to pursue damages as soon as possible after an injury, to avoid significant out-of-pocket medical expenses. Additionally, the time frame for filing a claim or lawsuit is limited. The attorneys at Haney.Moorman.Paschal, P.C. have decades of combined experience in personal injury cases. Contact us today to learn more, or for a free personal injury consultation.
Why Choose Haney.Moorman.Paschal, P.C.
Jack Haney, recently retired, served the Huntsville, Texas community for over 40 years as an attorney. The firm is now in the hands of three partners with over 30 years of combined courtroom experience. The mission of the firm is clear: to provide compassionate, fierce legal service, to fight for justice, and to serve the community. People choose us for several reasons.
- We are a full-service law firm. All of your legal needs are in-house and local to Huntsville.
- All three of our attorneys focus on personal injury, in addition to family and probate law, and have extensive courtroom experience in similar cases.
- We prioritize the community and have a strong presence in Huntsville. Our relationships with other members of the legal community help us to provide great resources for our clients.
Bus accidents have been on the rise in recent years. From 2009 to 2015, the percentage of fatal bus crashes per year rose annually. In 2016, the number of fatal bus crashes decreased slightly, but accidents still caused thousands of injuries. There were 263 fatal bus crashes in 2016 alone, however, more than 11,000 buses were involved in accidents with injuries. Several different types of buses are involved in accidents.
- School buses are among the safest buses, but because of their high numbers and frequent use, they are involved in the most accidents. In 2014, school bus accidents reached an all-time high.
- Motorcoach accidents, such as name brands like Greyhound and Megabus, peaked in 2013 with 31 fatal accidents per year. These buses are very safe, but also pose a high risk because of a high number of passengers.
- Transit buses are also involved in fatal accidents. However, fatalities have consistently decreased since the early 1980s.
- Tour buses cater to a small percentage of the population, such as musicians, comedians, and very wealthy travelers. They, therefore, make up a small portion of fatal bus accidents.
Causes of Bus Accidents
Human error causes many accidents, though others are caused by outside forces.
- Driver Fatigue. Driver fatigue causes a high percentage of accidents. Though commercial driver’s license holders must follow regulations limiting operating hours and rest periods, fatigue still happens. This may be a mistake on the driver’s part, but in some cases, it is the result of abuse by the company, forcing bad practices.
- Driver Error. Other drivers cause a high percentage of accidents. Bus drivers may try to swerve to avoid other accidents, cars, pedestrians or motorcyclists.
- Distracted Driving. Distractions can also cause accidents, such as from loud disturbances or emergencies onboard the bus.
If you or someone close to you recently experienced injury or wrongful death due to a bus accident, do not wait to seek legal help. The bus company, the other driver, or another party may be liable for your injuries or loss. For a free personal injury consultation, contact our attorneys today.