ATV and Boating Accidents
Boats and ATVs are recreational vehicles used for leisure, sport, and even work, but both pose risks of injury or death. Thousands are injured or killed every year in accidents with these vehicles. Some of these incidents happen because of human error, misuse, or neglecting to take proper safety precautions. Other incidents occur because of manufacturing errors, or errors made during repairs.
If you or someone you love recently suffered an injury or wrongful death on an ATV or boat, you may be eligible for compensation through a settlement. Attorneys will investigate who is at fault and who is liable for the injury that resulted from an incident. It is imperative to hire legal help in a timely manner, however, as there is a limited window in which to make a claim. The attorneys at Haney.Moorman.Paschal, P.C. have experience in personal injury cases related to boats and ATVs. Contact us today for a free personal injury consultation.
Why Choose Us for Legal Representation?
Jack Haney, the founding attorney, practiced law for over 40 years before recently retiring. During that time, he built valuable relationships with the community of Huntsville, Texas. The firm carries on those values, as our three active attorneys work toward justice for our clients with care, compassion, and a fierce conviction for what is right. Why work with us?
- We have over 30 years of combined courtroom experience in the fields of personal injury law, probate law, and family law.
- We are a full-service firm. Everything is done in one place, including investigations, paperwork, and trial representation.
- We serve every client with care, compassion, and one-on-one attention to his or her case.
Common Boating Accidents
In 2017, more than 700 individuals died in boating accidents, while 2,903 people were injured. It is clear that boating has many dangers, especially without proper safety protocol. What are some common boating accidents that result in injury?
- Accidents occur when boats strike victims in the water.
- Accidents occur when victims become pinned between multiple boats.
- Accidents occur when fan boat motor blades injure victims.
- Alcohol-related boat accidents occur, resulting in injuries or drowning.
- Accidents occur when boats collide with other boats, docks, or debris.
- Accidents occur when boats maintain a defect from the manufacturer.
Common ATV Accidents
People use all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) for recreation, and practical use, such as for working farm vehicles. When used as recreational vehicles, they are among the most dangerous with regard to injury. In fact, more than 600 people die every year in ATV accidents, and thousands more incur serious injuries. ATV accidents commonly occur when:
- Users are too young to operate the ATV
- Users drive drunk
- Too many people ride on the ATV
- Users take ATVs up to (or past) the maximum recommended speed
- The ATV maintains a defect from the manufacturer
- Users neglect to wear a helmet while operating, suffering more serious harm
Who Is Liable?
In some cases, the user is liable and no legal case is applicable. However, a proper attorney can pursue settlements in cases where the manufacturer is at fault for a malfunction or defect of an ATV or boat. Additionally, in some cases, liability falls on the owner of the property where the accident occurred. Our attorneys will investigate to accurately assess liability and build a case.
What Comes Next?
If you or someone you care about recently suffered an injury or a wrongful death as the result of an ATV or boating accident, call our office to speak to an attorney. Damages may include compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and even punitive damages (if reckless behavior from the at-fault party contributed). Contact us today for a free personal injury consultation about your situation. We are here to help.